adding a percentage in a progress bar without losing visuality

• Re: adding a percentage in a progress bar without losing visuality

If you mean to show the progress bar (conditional formatting) with the percentage inside the progress bar then just divide the value in B19 by 100000 - make the formula in J4

=SUM(B19)/K4

Is that what you mean or have I misunderstood your question

@ Smuzoen: The problem with that is that I somehow don't see the actuall progress anymore. So I see the percentage but don't see the color (in the bar) moving to the right as I accumulate more points!

stildawn: I must honestly say I have never used that before and don't know how it works or how to set it up. Can you put it in the attached file so I can see if that works the way I want it to?

Thanks for both your help

Try the attached workbook - the bar will change with a change in percentage. Depending on your Excel version with the gradient fill at 100% it will never fill the cell - in earlier versions (2007 and below I think) you need to add in a second conditional format rule to make the entire cell fill when at 100%. I don't use percentages but rather numbers - just format the number as a percentage

Yeah that works. Only problem now is that when the percentage increases, the bar doesn't move up ahead?

Not sure what you mean - if it is greater than 100%? If you put in 50000 and 25000 if will go to 75%, 50000 and 50000 it will go to 100% - problem if the total is > 100% - is that what you refer to?

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=2]You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.[/SIZE]

The bar is now 8,05%. When it increases to 15% for example, I don't see the bar progressing. I only see the number go up to 15% in the bar

It is working on the workbook I uploaded on my machine
    See attached workbook and images - sorry - really late - I am off to bed - perhaps someone else can pick this up for you. What version of Excel are you using.? The bar moves as I change the values so not sure what is the problem???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!