25$ - comparison of two excel files and generating report of differences

• Required to compare two excel files. File2 must fully match File1.

-1st compare criteria: all data in column "A" of File1 exists in column "B" of File2.
    -2nd compare criteria: for data that exists, check that combination of all data in column "A", "B" of File1 exists in column "B","D" of File2.
    -3rd compare criteria: for data that exists, check that combination of all data in column "A", "B","C" of File1 exists in column "B","D","E" of File2.
    -4th compare criteria: for data that exists, check that combination of all data in column "A", "B","C","D" of File1 exists in column "B","D","E","G" of File2

Any non-conformance from each criteria must be indicated in report.

Whoever is interesting , I will send more details including excel files and sample report.

• Re: 25$ - comparison of two excel files and generating report of differences

Couple of questions:

Say for example 3rd compare criteria:
    1) Does the data in the columns have to match row for row between File 1 and file 2? e.g. If there is data in Cell A1 in File 1 does the same data have to exist in cell B1 in File 2, or is it ok if it exists anywhere in Column B in file 2.
    2) When searching for the data from cell A1 in File 1 in File 2, must it exist in Column B, or could it also be found in Columns D and E.

So basically point 1 is asking do the ROWS have to match between file 1 and file 2 for the data to be "Found"... and the point 2 is asking, do the columns have to match between file 1 and file 2 for the data to be "Found"

3) How soon do you need it?
    4) can it be assumed that the two files are currently open?
    5) Did you pay 10% to Ozgrid through paypal?

I have sent you a PM with my email address. Based on the answers to the questions and seeing the files, I will let you know if I can take it on. But I wont be able to deliver it before this time tomorrow (10pm GMT)

Thanks,
    Ger

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25... ;)

OP Needs this completed by tomorrow morning and there is too much work involved in this for me (Tuesday 11th, morning). Open to other developers.

Hi GCExcel, sorry buddy.... The OP has extended the deadline for me, so I am going to look at it again tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.

<Update> Working on this with OP... Solution 90% complete.

Funds received from OP :thanx:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!