Pivot Table combining 2 columns for average & stddev

• I'm trying to make a pivot table that can combine the data from 2 columns.
    Attached is the raw data.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59517[/ATTACH]

Basically we have 12 machine broken into 4 groups (line 1 & 2 each with set 1 & 2)
    So each group has a Bonder 1, Bonder 2, and Bonder 3
    We do 2 types of test (WBP and Alum Pad) and we do each test 2 times (see columns labeled T1 & T2 for each bonder)
    I need the average and standard deviation for each test type, broken down by each machine.
    My main problem is getting the pivot table to combine the results of 2 columns (the 2 tests) into a single average/stddev result (broken down by machine).

I got it done on the calculated results tab using some very complicated database formulas.
    I just want to know if I could have done it with a pivot table.

Thanks!

• Re: Pivot Table combining 2 columns for average & stddev

Hi Herbds7 (sorry to interrupt),

I/we have noticed that you always post your sample workbooks at outside sources such as Mediafire. Is it possible for you to post attachments and samples directly in the forum using Forum attachment tools?

Using outside sources is not recommended as a first resource since it may be possible that the samples are deleted from the provider's site by your (or them) and then it will render your threads less useful (or even moot). Some users are also hesitant to visit those sites to download.

(I wanted to PM you about this, but you have the feature disabled).

Thanks for your attention to this request.

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

• Re: Pivot Table combining 2 columns for average & stddev

That didn't answer my question.

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!