Compare to Total in Pivot Chart

• Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

I have a table of sample data that I am attaching. I need to create 2 pivot charts from this data. The first chart will show the average of the department chosen month to month throughout all divisions aka entire company (one line), throughout All Stores in the division of the store (second line), verses this one store (third line)... line can be bars or lines. The second chart will not go as deep to compare to individual stores but it will show the average of the department chosen month to month throughout all divisions aka entire company (one line) vs whatever division is chosen (multiple divisions can be chosen) but plotted separately.

For each of these 2 pivot charts It should plot the Revenue, Expenses, and Labor.

So three layers plotted entire company average for the department, that division average for the department, that store average for the department

Any help with this would be great.

forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/59560/

• Re: Compare to Total in Pivot Chart

Herbds7 Thanks for your response. I will look into PowerPivot to see if this tool can provide the answer. The second chart example that you provided isn't along the same vein I was thinking. I was thinking that for department toy in division 2 you could compare division 2 overall to company overall to a particular store within division 2 or even compare 2 separate stores together in division 2.

• Re: Compare to Total in Pivot Chart

All your particulars can easily be done with a few DAX formulas.
    Look into this book:
    "Microsoft Excel 2013, Building Data Models with PowerPivot"
    by Alberto Ferrari and Marco Russo.
    Months long learning curve.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!