Substract data pivot from different filters

• Hello Guys,

I have a question,

I have a pivottable with data (only numbers as values). In this pivot there is a report filter which filters current month and last month. Is it possible for the pivot to show the data as a difference between current month and this month and if so where to start with the vba code to let it substract from each other?

• Re: Substract data pivot from different filters

difference between current month and this month

Simple. Zero.
    Or do you mean difference between the first date of the current month and today
    vs the same period last month?
    Or do you check only at the end of each month?
    Do you account for different length of months and number of weekends
    by using custom calendars?

Sorry, my bad,

I meant end of this month and and of last month.

So those 2 are in the filter (so i can choose between the two). data in rows and columns is the same for both months. However I want to see the difference between the two months for those figures.

almost got it. Only thing that i need to know is how to get to a certain column of data.

Say I have 3 columns which are "scenarios"

if I want to sum up the data from one of those columns, how would I do that? i was thinking the lines of:

Code
    Dim sumvalues As Double

sumvalues = 0

For Each xitem In Sheets(2).PivotTables(1).PivotFields("scenario").PivotItems("2")
        sumvalues = sumvalues + xitem
    Next

But I cannot get it to work. any ideas?

EDIT: how I read this is that pivottable1 has a pivotfield called scenarios. One of those scenarios is scenario 2. For each datapoint in scenario 2 add the data to a variable called sumvalues. Am I correct?

Sorry Eureka,

Would you mind to attach a simple workbook with your expected results? (I'm not good in Pivot Table :()

Let see if we can find out the solution.

Best Regards,

Tony

[SIZE=1]A Peaceful Mine Is A Blessing[/SIZE]

Go it to work. Maybe not winning the beauty award but it works :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!