Insert comment on a cell with another cell value

• I am wanting to add the Cell Value of cell X1 to A1 as a comment
    Then continue down column A and post values which correspond: (A2 comment=X2 value)
    Continue until it reaches the last value in Column X

• Re: Insert comment on a cell with another cell value

Try:

Run the above to add all comments. Then if you put this in the worksheet object module any change to cells in column X will add a comment, or alter an existing comment in col A.

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

What is the error?

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

If the cell in column A already has a comment then error will occur, as you cannot add another. Also .Value will not work with numbers in Column X so use:

and:

You need only run the first one once, after that changes to column X will change an existing comment or add a new one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!