Help for creating a VBA code to enter data into dump file from userform. US$30

• I need a help for creating a dump file which can capture data through userform created. My deadline is July 5th EOD.

1. Date should be captured within the dump automatically.
    2. Time should be calculated automatically from start time & end time entered into the user form.
    I am ready to pay $30. forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/61199/

Moderator notes: Changed amount and deadline as per discussion with siddheshkh

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61198[/ATTACH]

• Re: Help for creating a VBA code to enter data into dump file from userform. US$15

Have you paid the 10% to Ozgrid as per Hire Help forum rules?

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=2]You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.[/SIZE]

• Re: Help for creating a VBA code to enter data into dump file from userform. US$15

I am prepared to take on your development as per your PM and at the total cost of $30.
    PLEASE PAY (via PayPal) 10% of the total cost to [email protected] - i.e. pay $3.00 to Ozgrid via PayPal - the remaining $27.00 can be paid to me on completion of the project. I will PM you my PayPal email address when the code is completed. Please post into this thread (not via PM) confirmation that the 10% has been paid to Ozgrid. I will then post some questions I need to have clarified.

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony
    [/SIZE]&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND&WCF_AMPERSAND[SIZE=2]You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.[/SIZE]

yes time in the dump file is in hh:mm format. And the date (on which user enters data into userform) should be automatically entered into the dump file below date column. Need all combobox & textboxes exactly in the same format as in the image file attached. Userform should automatically open and dump file should be hidden. user entering the data should be able to see the dump file (worksheet) when the entry is finished.

• Re: Help for creating a VBA code to enter data into dump file from userform. US$30

Just a few things - does EVERY field in the form have to be completed before the user can hit the Add button - that is they cannot leave any of the fields in the form blank?
    You just want the user to type in their Employee ID and Employee Name (no drop downs)?
    The quantities the user can enter - what are valid ranges/entries - can they enter decimals e.g. 3.5 or do they have to be whole numbers? Is zero (0) a valid entry for quantity?

When the user hits the Add button do you want the form to close and the Dump worksheet to be visible or when they hit the Add button does the form reset and the user keeps entering information until they finally hit the Close button after which the Dump worksheet becomes visible?

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

• Re: Help for creating a VBA code to enter data into dump file from userform. US$30

Mandatory fields: 1. Concept 2. Employee ID 3. Employee Name 4. supplier 5. Atleast 1 activity out of 20 (IN1, IN2,....) with all 3 values i.e. quantity (whole no, no decimals), Start time, end time.

Optional Fields: remaining 19 activities.

Command Buttons:

Add/Edit: When I hit ADD/Edit details are added into dump file if all mandatory fields are filled. On the same day if I want to edit details of particular employee I just will add Concept, Employee ID, remaining details (entered on the same day earlier) will appear into the userform so that I can edit them. After editing them hitting ADD/edit will update the details into the dump file.

Clear
    :
    Clearing the values entered into userform.

Close:

Closes the userform. and dump file will appear to the user. Dump file Should Be Read Only.

Add/Edit button will reset the userform & user keeps on adding entire data of all employees. then finally hits close. then Read only dump file will appear.

All of that is fine - only one question:

Add/Edit: On the same day if I want to edit details of particular employee I just will add Concept, Employee ID, remaining details (entered on the same day earlier) will appear into the userform so that I can edit them. After editing them hitting ADD/edit will update the details into the dump file.

What if there are more than 1 entry for Concept, Employee ID on the same day or will there ONLY EVER be ONE entry for Concept + Employee ID on a single day?

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

For any concept only 1 entry allowed for a particular employee ID on a particular day.

Quote from smuzoen;718344

All of that is fine - only one question:

What if there are more than 1 entry for Concept, Employee ID on the same day or will there ONLY EVER be ONE entry for Concept + Employee ID on a single day?

I have finished your workbook. I will PM you my Paypal address. Once payment is received I will upload the workbook.
    Just a note - with the Add/Edit button - the worksheet you designed records the time difference not the actual times (Start/End times). To repopulate the form with the Start and End time requires another worksheet (quickest solution) - this essentially duplicates the data to be able to retrieve the Start and End Times as well. This would certainly be better as a database application or redesigning the Dump worksheet with hidden columns. However despite the duplication of data all the required functionality is implemented as you requested.
    NOTE: If you manually delete any data from the Dump sheet it will need to be deleted from the TimeSheet worksheet as well to synchronise the data retrieval. The password to protect the sheet is in the code - you will need this password to un-protect the sheets. I have highlighted the password in the code for you. If you are unable to find the worksheet password to unprotect it then let me know and I will PM it to you.

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

Changes required

1. start time if greater than end time... error should pop up on clicking edit add

2. If u can make start time & end time 24hr clock type it would be appreciated

3. There is no option to edit/add button. Once U add concept and employee ID on the same day the details should automatically pop up in the userform which gives entry operator freedom to edit details on the same day.

I can fix No 1.
    2. You never asked for 24 hour time - it was set up as 12 hour time - you should have asked for this in your specifications. I am not going to recode the workbook for that change as it was not part of your specifications
    For 3 if you enter the Concept and employee ID then you hit the Add/Edit button and the form will populate with data if there is an entry in the worksheet. Just select a Concept and add the Employee ID and hit Add/Edit and the workbook will populate. That is the functionality you listed under the Add/Edit button in your post above.

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

Attached is the fix as per 1 - Start Time cannot be greater than or equal to End time

Files

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

I have not done much testing however you can experiment with this workbook - it uses 24 hour time.

Files

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

OK. Please fix 1st one.

For 3rd:
    Every time user will have to check if entry is there or not. I am attaching 1 file. I want edit/add functionality like that is there in this file. forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/61282/. when system comes across the entry for with same concept and employee ID with the same date as on today, it will automatically capture the values already present in the dump and appear in the userform fields.

Quote from smuzoen;718771

I can fix No 1.
    2. You never asked for 24 hour time - it was set up as 12 hour time - you should have asked for this in your specifications. I am not going to recode the workbook for that change as it was not part of your specifications
    For 3 if you enter the Concept and employee ID then you hit the Add/Edit button and the form will populate with data if there is an entry in the worksheet. Just select a Concept and add the Employee ID and hit Add/Edit and the workbook will populate. That is the functionality you listed under the Add/Edit button in your post above.

I have fixed the first one already - it has been uploaded. The last post I made there is also a workbook that uses 24 hour time which you can try.
    I will take a look at your other change.

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

This version will auto-populate the form if a match is found for concept and employee id on the current date. This version also uses 24 hour time.

Files

Regards
    [SIZE=3]Anthony

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!