Userform to enter entries and also search for and update entries in database

• Hello I am trying to create a userform that is meant to both add data to a new row in my database. the code for this works. but i also want this userform to be able to search for data entered based on the reference number which is the first textbox on entry. so ive attempted for the form to search then repopulate my combo and text boxes then upon leaving the userform if anychanges have been made it updates it in the database

VB:

• Re: Userform to enter entries and also search for and update entries in database

Quote from snb;720648

I looked there and took bits, im using a different code now but my combobox named Combobody is being populate from the first column, i need it to be populated from another column when doing the search

• Re: Userform to enter entries and also search for and update entries in database

I've looked at that link and adapted the code but im getting run-time error 91: object variable with block variable not set. for the ".Autofilter" underneath the cmdfind control

If you have used my code then my original example sets MyData in the Initialiize event. You have removed it.

Code
    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    'change sheet name and Range here
        Set Ws = Sheet1
        Set MyData = Ws.Range("a8").CurrentRegion   'database

I have set the MyData in the event but now another error is coming up.

Its a run-time error 424: object required.

First line has

Code
    Dim Ws As WorksheetDim MyData As Range

which should be

Code
    Dim Ws As Worksheet
    Dim MyData As Range

I'm not trawling through the rest of it - there does not seem to be any indication where the error is.

If there's an object missing chances are you have deleted or re-named a control.

Thank you all for your input. I've managed to have it working, well mostly working. I can add and find entries but when I attempt to amend/edit an old entry it doesn't change anything.

I am still using an adapted version of RoyUk's.

No that checks if r is gtreater than zero, which it must be to find an entry. The actual line is

Code
    If r <= 0 Then Exit Sub

If it isn't then the code stops.

You need to check all the variables have values and it would probably help if you attached the workbook.

On further attempts at debugging ive found that my delete button doesnt work. Its coming up with an error in the

Code
    Set c = Ws.Cells(1, r)

in the Delete sub.

its coming up with a run time error 1004: appplication-define or object defined error. But c has been declared.

You use wS correctly to set it as the the data sheet, but at the end of the initialize event you the set it to be

Code
    Set Ws  = Worksheets("MasterColour")

The code is working correctly but you have pointed the amendments to go to the wrong sheet.

If you want to use VBA you must understand what the examples are doing.

I had set the ws to be that worksheet because thats where my combbox gets its values from. If i set the ws to "mastercolour" then set it to the correct sheet does that resolve it?
    I have attempted this code, there are no errors popping up but its not deleting the row it should be.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!