Personal.xlsb Project is Unviewable - Excel 2010

• Hi all,

I have som emacros in Personal.xlsb which I wrote a couple of years ago (possibly in Excel 2003 if that helps).

They all work perfectly still but I'd like to add a new macro.

Unfortunately, When I open VBA in an empty workbook and try to open VBAProject (Personal.XLSB) I get 'Project is Unviewable'.

If I try and oipen up the actual Personal.xlsb file, I get the same message.

Can anyone help me get back into the project so I can edit/add macros?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gaz

• Re: Personal.xlsb Project is Unviewable - Excel 2010

Did you make your Personal workbook a Shared workbook?

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

Hi Rory,

That's entirely possible - although it's a while back now. I did see something about 'unsharing' it in the review tab, but if I open up Personal.xlsb on it's own I cant use the share workbook icon to do that...

any ideas?

Thanks

Regards

Gaz

You'd need to unhide it before you can remove the sharing.

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

Rory - you are a star.

Eventually found unhide in View Tab, then Unshared and I can see my long lost macros.

Cheers for that!

regards

Gary

Glad to help. :)

Rory

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!