Word list into Excel

• I have a list in word.rtf and I would like to import the list into excel. The list type is below.
    Item Number 00000000
    Unit Price 0.00
    Shipped 0 pieces
    Per Box 000/000
    Description XXXXXXX
    In word sxs, excel sxs, excel inside out and the access sxs practice ******I cannot find how to convert the one column into five columns bringing the information across from the five rows. What am I missing? The list is a couple of thousand long and every couple a hundred items the heading changes. What do I do? The way the training information states the data in the list is manageable my problem must be a simple procedure. Thank you in advance.

• 1. Have you thought about formulas that might do the work for you?
    2. Have you thought about how selecting several cells and copying down REPEATS THE formulas in those cells, or even how it repeats the LACK of a formula in those cells?
    3. Have you thought about using Find/Replace (replace with nothing) to get rid of unwanted stuff?

:)

• Yes I should be able to, would it make any difference if the file was a Word Document or RTF? The client sent one of each. Thank you ,column1

• Thank you John.
    I should be able to send a RTF or Word Document sample. Would it be easier if the file extension was Word? Do I select insert image and bring the file sample into the dialog box from there?
    column1

• Scroll down to the bottom of the reply box and see Additional Options, then "Manage Attachments".

Browse to your file, then hit UPLOAD, then close the window. Then submit

• John, My document is 23.KB.. too large to upload, I could not make it any smaller, is their another way to provide you with the sample? Thanks again. column1

• column1:

You've actually uploaded to DOC files.
    Also, you've only got ONE set of data in each one.
    Is THAT a realistic sample of how you're supposed to work this out?
    You get a file that has ONE order on it?

I thought it had many...

SORRY. I feel like I'm harrassing you. I don't mean to be. :)

But this is homework, right? Did you see my suggestions?

• Hi buddy

23kb shuold upload OK if zipped to 2.3kb then thats correct by winzip

Can i ask a little question, please can you try to upload the unzipped xls file again, cheers buddy, maybe mark the post i have asked you to - just in case your asked to why you have done so.

Cheers buddy

Jack

• Thank you John, I will work on the suggestions tonite and recheck me Zip files. The list does have thousands on it John, and if we are selling very big ticket items it would be prudent to pay attention to the very first set of data. Will get back to you before morning, thank you for your ammo on me problem John.

• Method Found

John, I have obtained a method in another forum that appears to work on the Sample.
    In Sheet 1, in A2:A12
    --------------------
    Item Number: 00001
    Unit Price: $0.00
    Unit Qty: 0001
    Ship Group: 0001
    Description: XXX1

Item Number: 00002
    Unit Price: $0.00
    Unit Qty: 0002
    Ship Group: 0002
    Description: XXX2
    -------------------
    Splitting the Data
    -------------------
    Select Col A
    Click Data go through the Wizard
    -------------------
    Re-arranging the data in columnar fashion
    -------------------
    In sheet 2
    A1: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN(A)),
    Copy across to E1
    A2: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,ROW(A!*6-6+COLUMN(A1),)
    Copy across to E2

The above extracted the data from col B in sheet 1
    I had heading issues and other stuff we are working out.
    Works great. What a spiffy product eh? No wonder the guy made billions, or should I say Billions. Maybe there are other NASA workarounds around.
    In the training information the constant references to the elements of macros and wizards are not applied to problems like the one we just worked on. Is every list in each way a challenge in the formatting. Are their rote input differences? Anyway, its good to be over the hump and into the weekend John. Thank you for your assistance. I will check back with you this morning. Regards,column1

• Regards

Thank you for your attention, I found a method to input the list.

• Same help for list of keychains in word - -> into excel

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Sir,

I am looking forward to "classify" company data that I am getting from a database website (into word document at first) into, in fine, a list in excel.

To use an image let's say that I have this under as company 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 A Hallen- und Stahlbau Krings & Sieger Gewerbebau GmbH

Street: Willi-Bleicher-Strasse 20
    Country/Postal code/City: D-52353 Düren
    Telephone: (02421) 9852-0
    Telefax: (02421) 9852-22
    Internet address: http://www.Krings-Sieger.com
    e-mail address: [email protected]

Chairman/Managing Director: Mr Helmut Krings
    Purchasing Director/Manager: Mr Horst Nobis
    Sales Director/Manager: Mr Gerd Reder
    Technical Director/Manager: Mr Helmut Krings
    Certifications: DIN EN ISO 9001

Product range:

Headings
    Apparatus, containers, boilers, and tanks of steel
    Buildings for environmental protection purposes
    Commercial and industrial buildings, turnkey
    Construction of industrial premises
    Halls of steel
    Industrial sheds
    Lightweight sheds
    Quick-assembly halls
    Standardized hall design
    Steel construction
    Steel halls, turnkey
    Warehouses, industrial and exhibition halls
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My first line in the excel worksheet would then be:
    Company Name I Street Name I Country I Zip Code I City I Telephone I Telefax I Internet adress I Email adress I Managing Director I Industry I

Result in row 2:
    A Hallen- und Stahlbau Krings & Sieger Gewerbebau GmbH I Willi-Bleicher-Strasse 20 I D I 52353 I Düren I (02421) 9852-0 I (02421) 9852-22 I http://www.Krings-Sieger.com (if possible or) http://www.Krings-Sieger.com I [email protected] I Mr Helmut Krings I Industry = Blank because I need to classify it myself I

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do you know any code that has been already posted that could be lightly changed in order to do that. (I have notions -if I can call it notions!- of vba for excel but I know nothing for inter-applications programming)

If the code is very very simple (like using the find fonction for using the repeting pattern of name, street, the keyword "@") i could work on it and adapt it.

here is a quick overview of what I have got under word

http://web.wlwonline.de/servle…d=0&ort=&plz=&zert=&koop=

And that's only page 1 out of 45 !

Can you do something for me ?

My email adress is [email protected]

If you can not do anything do you know a vba professional which could create such a program for a reasonable fee ?

Thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!