Formula that will LOOKUP / INDEX 3 criteria then extract over result if MATCH found

• I'm having a problem finishing this formula to do what I want... (was going to do array formula but open to using anything that works!)
    =MATCH(1,(droptableNEW=O21)*(droptableNEW=P21)*(droptableNEW=Q21),0)

I've attch'd a small sample file to make it easy to understand using colors to show -- what should feed to where..

Need formula for G21
    I tried to start with the following (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) array formula but not sure how to finish it off..

=MATCH(1,(droptableNEW=O21)*(droptableNEW=P21)*(droptableNEW=Q21),0)

First it looks to O21 for the Month, then P21 for Year, then Q for Type, then
    it should go to the "tables" sheet, within the named range table called: "droptableNEW" to locate those matches...

Once it finds all 3 matches, it should extract over the result found in the Q column of the "tables" sheet, from the NAMED RANGE called: "droptableNEW" and paste it into G21 of the SUMMARY tabforum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/63789/

• Re: Formula that will LOOKUP / INDEX 3 criteria then extract over result if MATCH fou

You can't using MATCH function with named ranges in all columns, try to split named ranges per column

cheers

• Re: Formula that will LOOKUP / INDEX 3 criteria then extract over result if MATCH fou

Do you mean?

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=INDEX(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,4),MATCH(1,(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,1)=O21)*(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,2)=P21)*(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,3)=Q21),0))[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=INDEX(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,6),MATCH(1,(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,1)=O22)*(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,2)=P22)*(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,5)=Q22),0))[/COLOR]

and

[COLOR="#0000FF"]=INDEX(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,8),MATCH(1,(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,1)=O23)*(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,2)=P23)*(INDEX(droptableNEW,0,7)=Q23),0))[/COLOR]

respectively?

All confirmed with CSE key combo.

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

That's it!!! All three of those work PERFECTLY NBVC!! You're awesome! Much appreciated!
    The results now appear appropriately on the SUMMARY sheet:
    "35" in the orange block "#DDR Rec'd"
    "48" in the green block "Completed DDR"
    "-13" in the IN PROCESS block
    "2" in the yellow "Avg Completion Days" block

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!