If folder doesn't exists

• Have to code to save files to, but get error if the folder doesn't exist.Need a message box to say folder does not exist do you want to save in Misc. folder C:\Users\Tom\Retail\Sales\Misc yes or no option. no woulds
    exit the sub and yes would save.

• Re: If folder doesn't exists

Hi there,

Looks like you want something along the lines of this

Here is the code I use now,works perfect if folder exists. Range C13 is the folder name

Quote from zplugger;738213

Here is the code I use now,works perfect if folder exists. Range C13 is the folder name

This doesn't show me where & how you've tried to incorporate the new code.

Sorry
    was using example and had problems. Here is the code.

try this

It has to be in this part of code, I can make a simple folder Like (Sales) on C drive and it does not see it?

fix for the problem if so

Quote from zplugger;738341

Dim strFolder AsString'Folder to check the existence of with a \ at the end
    strFolder = "c:\Sales

The problem is also fixed if you include the "\" as per the comment which you have not done in your code. This can be picked up & corrected with

Code
    If Not Right(strFolder, 1) = "\" Then strFolder = strFolder & "\"

after you have assigned a value to strFolder

No worries zplugger. I must admit, I use the Dir() function mostly for folder checking & have always worked on the basis that e.g. Dir("C:\Test\") implies a folder or a diretory, but with Dir("C:\Test") it implies a file.

Though that might not exatly be the case having read up with microsoft https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-…k008ty4%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

I should maybe be more explicit with Dir for folders.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!