Disable coping and saving a sheet to a new file

• I have a relatively secure Excel document. I have disable printing the contents; however, I do not know how to disable copying the sheet to another workbook to stop printing the sheet.
    The question: how to disable copying a sheet by clicking on the tab / selecting move or copy / to a new sheet (or other workbook)

Thanks in advance

j smith

• Re: Disable coping and saving a sheet to a new file

Protect the Worksheet.

Click the "Review" tab. The click "Protect Sheet"

Uncheck the box that say "Select Unlocked Cells"

Enter a Password and your all set.

-Cheers

[SIZE=3]The Only Dumb Question Is A Question Not Asked.[/SIZE]

Hi J_Smith,

Welcome to the Ozgrid forum.

Yegarboy's solution will stop the users form selecting individual cells, and copying them to a separate worksheet/workbook. To prevent right-clicking the sheet tab to copy, go to the Review tab and click Protect Workbook. Make sure that the Structure box is ticked, and set a password.

[COLOR="Purple"]Regards,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Purple"]Batman.[/COLOR]

Can't use that solution since the workbook is designed to receive data but not to distribute that data via a printed workbook.
    I was able to put together a series of macros that, with 95% assurance, would maintain the security of the data.

Thaks for your input

js

Just for clarification, which solution can you not use? Protecting the workbook structure will only prevent you from adding, deleting, re-naming, re-ordering or copying worksheets. You can still work on the data within the sheet and save the workbook.

[COLOR="Purple"]Regards,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Purple"]Batman.[/COLOR]

'The solution to the problem involved several macros which control various access elements.
    'To provide security, it's necessary to
    '-- Insure that all program macros are enabled
    ' When an Excel program is opened, a flag generally appears requesting whether to enable macros.
    ' To make sure that the macros are enabled, only one tab can be visible. A button/picture icon or
    ' similar device must be present which when clicked will open all of the other tabs. Obviously,
    ' if the user did not enable macros, the program is rendered useless.
    ' The icon should have the following properties: Locked: check Print: unchecked Name: Warning
    '-- Disable printing.
    '-- Disable Copy & Move tabs to another sheet.
    '-- On closing or saving the program, all but primary tab must be hidden using the 'veryhidden' option.
    '-- The code is placed in the Thisworkbook module.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!