Que regarding conditional formatting in ms excel

• friends i want that when a1 is greater than 0 then the row from a2 to m2 should be formatted. it works when i apply conditional formatting in a2 then in b2 then in c2 i.e. individually in each cell. i want any way to directly apply conditional formatting in the range a2 to m2. kindly help me. thanks a lot.

• Re: Que regarding conditional formatting in ms excel

I think when you are writing your conditional formatting formula (I'm assuming that's how you've done it) that excel automatically creates absolute references in your formula, You'd probably want to remove these in the appropriate place so when you fill your conditional formatting the references in the formula move appropriately.

• Re: Que regarding conditional formatting in ms excel

Hi SIARAM,

Firstly, highlight all the cells from A2:M2. Then enter the Conditional Formatting formula =$A$1>0.

When you return to the CF Rules Manager, you should see, in the 'Applies To' box = $A$2:$M$2.

If you remove the $ signs from the formula (i.e. =A1>0), Excel will apply the formatting as if you were copying a formula across columns. In other words, A2 would be formatted based on the formula =A1>0, but B2 would be formatted based on the formula =B1>0, and so on.

[COLOR="Purple"]Regards,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Purple"]Batman.[/COLOR]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!