Combo Box Macro

• I'm sure this question, or similar has been asked before. What I'm attempting to do is provide the user of the spreadsheet with a list in the form of a drop down. Also, depending on the selection from the list it will display a message box relevant to that selection. To elaborate: If "Alpha" is selected, a message box will appear with something like "Good to Go!" but if "Beta" is selected, the message box will display "N/A Proceed to Cell XX". I, unfortunately don't have much experience coding. I can insert the combo box and link it to a range of cells for the list. I know how to open the VBA window but after that, I'm lost. Thank you in advance for your help!

• Re: Combo Box Macro

Haven't got a clue about the logic of this.

What is that 'dimSelection'? A typo or a variable name?

As it stands, you will always get the 'Denied' message as dimSelection will always be empty - never equal to "Alpha" and always equal to cell D22 which is also empty. How about you just use words to describe what you want it to do? Forget about code for a minute.

As an example, how to determine the selected value and display a message for each. One option is ignored, no message displayed.

Quote from Grimes0332;767705

As an example, how to determine the selected value and display a message for each. One option is ignored, no message displayed.

This is it! Thank you so much! I don't really understand yet how it works but I can make significant progress with this. I'm still learning coding in VBA, thank you for bearing with me. Now all I have to do is find a way to set the list to an empty cell by clicking the Clear button I inserted earlier.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!