Delete All Files from a Folder

• From an active worksheet, I need to delete all files from folder c:\Trials\Current\ before writing new files to that folder. I've searched for existing examples but everything I can find seems to relate to earlier versions of Excel and gives compile errors whenever I run the code.

Can someone please suggest coding that will delete all the files and that will function with Excel 2013.

• Re: Delete All Files from a Folder

Hi OldFella,

Try this:

Maybe worth trying it first on a copy of your directory as the results cannot be undone if they're not as expected.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert.

Your code, in many ways, looks similar to the code I've been trying. The difference is that my code didn't work and yours works like a charm. It helps solve a problem I previously didn't realise I had and this will be the major part of the solution.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks apo - that's different! I'm working off my laptop at present so can't trial your code. I'll be home tomorrow so I'll crank the desktop up then and give it a whirl. Many thanks for the interest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!