Extract business department from outlook based on email address in excel worksheet

• Hi All,

My manager has asked me to write a script that will extract the persons business department based on email address entered in ms excel worksheet.
    I have found a example where someone used te name and surname to extract email address. but i dont know how to edit this macro to do what i need it to.

I have very very basic understanding of VBA

Thanks for help

Evan

• Re: Extract business department from outlook based on email address in excel workshee

We need some examples of how these email address are structured.

When you click reply there will be a new button labeled go advanced, click on that button then there will be a paperclip icon in the toolbar, click on that icon and follow the instructions.

• Re: Extract business department from outlook based on email address in excel workshee

HI.. agree with skywriter that you need to provide more details/examples..

Having said that.. it causes me dismay that a manager would ask someone that has a very basic understanding of VBA to write a script for a business solution... especially if they knew the person asked was not proficient.

It maybe a case of using the Split function or some Regex.. or something entirely else.. but regardless, perhaps suggest to your manager that, if what he wants will save his business time and therefore money, then either training you you to be proficient in VBA or taking advantage of the Hire Help forum is the best way forward..

Just my 2 cents..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!