ListBox on Worksheet Not Clearing

• Hi all,

I'm adding a ListBox on a sheet that displays all the tabs in the workbook. This list is being loaded from an dictionary key array (for unique values) that is generated from an array. This ListBox is initially loaded when the Workbook is first opened. Everything related to this is working appropriately.

My issue is I would like the ListBox to empty prior to populating each time the Workbook is opened. Currently, each time the box is populated on Workbook open, it simply appends to the bottom, rather than refreshing the entire box.

I've read just about everywhere that it should be as simple as a ListBox.Clear, but whenever it hits that line I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method." Note I'm using a Form ListBox - I can't use an ActiveX ListBox due to some vendors having all ActiveX objects blocked.

Anyone got a tip for using a Form listbox on a worksheet (not a userform, if it was there I could simply unload the object) and how to clear it or otherwise make it reset it's values?

Thanks for any help you can provide! Note this is an x-post here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/e…clearing.html#post4506485 I will update either/or should it get resolved.

• Re: ListBox on Worksheet Not Clearing

I haven't been able to find an answer to this with extensive Googling. I've created a workaround in the meantime which works, but is hacky and I'm not particularly fond of:

If anyone could provide a better answer other than scrapping the object and rebuilding it that would be ideal, thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!