using dynamic userforms to pull out reports from a database

• forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/69070/

Hi,

This query has more to do with a healthcare perspective for comparing different clinical trials.

I have tried attaching my file here on which i intend to create a userform for easy sorting/ filtering of data as per required parameters. Since the end user might require to see a various combinations/ permutations of this data available- I was thinking in the lines of having adding and removing list boxes- but as you see there are a no. of parameters in the excel sheet (headers of the table). Is there an easier way to go about this? Could someone help me get started with this?

Thank you so much for all the help! :D

I have posted the same question in two other sites:

1) http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?p=4382788#poststop : however, I have been unable to upload the sample file
    2) http://www.vbaexpress.com/foru…el-DB&p=342603#post342603

Br,
    Deepthi

• Re: using dynamic userforms to pull out reports from a database

MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

Quote from rory;770542

MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Dear Rory,

Thank you for bringing this to my notice. It was an oversight on my part and I have now updated the original question with the links from the other sites.

Br,
    Deepthi

It's not clear what you want. Matbe this example will get you started

Dear Roy,

Thanks for the filter option. However, what I have in mind is something more elaborate, which would also mean using VLOOKUP functions. For the excel file attached, I plan to create a userform as attached[ATTACH=CONFIG]69184[/ATTACH]

Now what I would like to do is- have all the Study Id's selected to come on to a separate sheet in the same work book in the first. The criteria mentioned in Study Description, Primary Efficacy parameters should come up as Column Headers and data relevant to this for the Study IDs should then be populated. This makes it more dynamic and can accommodate all the 364 parameters and would give the user an option to choose the best possible report.

I have been able to get the study ids into the first column- but am still working on implementing the v-look up in the userform. Do let me know if you have any possible solutions that I could implement.

Br,
    Deepthi

Why would you need VLOOKUp in the UserForm or actually in VBA? VBA has the .Find method.

The example I attached allows you to set the Filters, you can then copy to the filtered data to another sheet.

Without seeing your example and cannot help further.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!