Return Active Cell Value from first column of a named table

• Hi,
    I'm really stuck with this one.... I'm trying to have a VBA code that:-

1. will check that the user has selected a certain column (S/N) in a named table (error will be if table1 and/or table1 S/N column is not selected). Col A is no use as there will be more tables underneath table 1

2. Will return the value (in this case a S/N from col A named table1 "S/N", in the form of a msgbox with a msg.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69365[/ATTACH] The yellow highlight is just for demo purposes!!

referencing the tables a proving difficult....... Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.

• Re: Return Active Cell Value from first column of a named table

Hi, Can anyone help..... I have attempted part of it & I just cant nail this....... Need to ensure the selected cell is in the table1 & in the S/N column... Any guidance would help

Yea, that was my first port of call as it is very useful, however I cant get my head round referencing columns in tables as opposed to selecting them..... I hope I'm making sense!! I did find some VBA that I could adjust to work for a non table set of data or just 1 table but I have 5 tables stacked & need to ensure I reference a specific table & column before my other code is allowed to work. I was hoping someone could show me the first bit & I think I could do the rest.

OMG... It's been a long week... I never even noticed the code.... Sorry

Tried the code.... does what I have been trying to do all week........ I will add all my other stuff & give it a try but I'm confident I'll manage from here

I really need to get my head round the tables VBA

Thank you for your help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!