Change single rows with Comma Separated Values into multiple rows with CSV broken out

• Hi Guys,

I need a macro to convert existing single rows of data where one column contains Comma Separated Values into multiple rows with the CSV broken out individually.

It needs to do this for each existing original row and then stop when there are no more original rows.

I've attached an example of the original data set (I'll have more columns in a final file but still just one column with CSV info to be broken out so I kept this example simple)

Tab 1 = Original Data
    Tab 2 = After Macro Runs

• Re: Change single rows with Comma Separated Values into multiple rows with CSV broken

Hi..

Welcome to Ozgrid..

Try the attached.

(I'll have more columns in a final file but still just one column with CSV info to be broken out so I kept this example simple)

You will need to adjust some of the values in the code to allow for this.. try stepping through the code (F8) inthe Vb Editor.. make sure you have the Locals Window open so you can see what is going on with the variables.

If you can't adapt it.. post back with your actual Workbook structure and I will help more..

• Re: Change single rows with Comma Separated Values into multiple rows with CSV broken

Thanks, I implemented the code and it worked immediately! This will be a huge help :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!