• Okay.....brand new to MicroSoft Excel. I've been using Corel QuattroPro for about 12 years, and was relatively comfortable. I need to create some macros, and the syntax is boggling and the on-line help useless. <br>Where could I find a list of Excel's equivalents to functions and arguments? ie: QuattroPro used "@" functions, and cell reference was: {?}, navigation was: {Goto}, {Getnumber} etc. Can anyone please help? Thanx in advance for any assistance. I know this may sound remedial to most of you but I could really use your help. My work's IT division is useless.

My work's IT division is useless.

Yours too? LOL

(Oh wait, I car pool with an IT person) :nono:

------------------------------

@ Quattro => = in Excel

? Quattro => $ in Excel

Software: OpenOffice 3.0/NeoOffice 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.6
    Humanware: Older than dirt

Old, slow, and confused - but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3.28.2008)

• Yes and your feet and Longfellows :p

Good luck. The {code} reminds me of Lotus 1-2-3 macro language long, long ago.

Barbara - aka The Cat Lady :cat:

Please do not U2U (private message) me directly for questions that should be posted to the forum; any such U2Us, unless requested by me, will be deleted.

• I was told that Quattro Pro uses the older Lotus syntax (which Excel will also support) ..also read it in an article online. If that is true then go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/offic…LN=EN-US&gssnb=1#ORK018C2
    There is a great comparrison of Lotus syntax to Excel, with lots of information to help you match function names, keyboard shortcuts and more.

Hope that helps.

You can tell the quality of a person by how they treat people they don't need

• QuattroPro to VBA comparison

:?: Unfortunately I can't seem to get anywhere. I've gone through book after book for a breakdown of terminology and how it applies in comparing QuattroPro macros to VBA macros, and I've hit a brick wall......so....thanx for trying to help....but it just ain't worth my time. Thank You again all. I sincerely mean that. I'm just tooooo frustrated :furious:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!