Macro / Formula to automatically update changes into database based on user-input

• Dear all,

I am a newbie in our forum and newbie to Excel too. I have a very difficult issues that I cannot solve.

Thus, I post it here and hope you guys could help me.

My issues is stated clearly in my attachment. Please have a look at it.

In fact, my problem is that I have 2 sheet:

1. Sheet 1 : Data base of employee by date and by code
    2. Sheet 2: Table - form for user to key-in the new name of employee for a code and effective date

=> My question is how can we make the database could be automatically updated when the user key-in the changes in the table-form?

Please look at my attachment and help me to solve it. Many thanks in advances !

• Re: Macro / Formula to automatically update changes into database based on user-input

It is not clear as to what you want to update.

The following code will update the table on the Sheet 'Updated Data' when valid data is entered into B13:D13. 'Valid data' means the Code already exists in the range B32:B41 and the date already exists somewhere on Row 31. The cell intersecting that Row/Column will be updated with the employee name.

This only works for the range B13:D13 and it will be cleared after the table has been successfully updated.

The code should be placed in the code module for the worksheet 'Updated Data'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!