word table data into Excel data list

• I have sheet "Raw data" taken from Microsoft word table and pasted in excel. I have another sheet "Required format" where output is appended each time when I click the macro button. But every time the raw data table will be deleted and furnished with new data and it need to be appended into required format sheet by clicking macro button. Test file attached. I am in need of this esteem group to resolve my problem.

• Re: word table data into Excel data list

Where is the code that gets it from the RAW state to the DESIRED state?

There is not code on the button you have on the page.

It's crude but it works.

Thank you. The list is sample but in actual data there are lot of rows and sub-characteristics and methods. The above code is restricted to only 4 sub-char and 4 methods and 10 rows of data. can I get still refined code to make work in real large set of data?

Hi Gentle,

Done.
    I renamed codename Sheet1 to ShRawData and Sheet2 to ShTarget.

File:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70380[/ATTACH]

Code:

Cheers.

Thank you .Great work done. It does the job in your file provided but when I copy the code to my actual file and try to run it, gives the error "variable not defined".How can I copy this code to my working file and run it without error. But copying my data and pasting it in your file provided would take long time. Thank you

It's good practice to always state which line of code is giving the error, not just that you are getting an error.

My guess would be that is has to do with the sheet names, but you need to verify this.

Hi Gentle,

Bruce is right. As I stated in my previous post I renamed codename Sheet1 to ShRawData and Sheet2 to ShTarget.
    I assumed this would trigger you to rename the sheets on your side, if needed.

Do the following to rename the codenames of the sheets:
    - Open the VB editor: Alt+F11
    - Make the Project Explorer visible: Ctrl+R
    - Make Properties Window visible: F4
    - Select Sheet1 in the Project Explorer by clicking on it
    - Rename '
    Sheet1' to 'ShRawData' and press Enter
    - Repeat steps above to rename '
    Sheet2' to 'ShTarget'
    Make sure the code compiles: from the VBE-menu select 'Debug' ; '
    Compile VBAProject'
    See picture below:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70387[/ATTACH]

I must say I'm a bit worried how you will be able to maintain the code if you're unable to address these warnings.
    Cheers,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!