VBA Excel run-time error useing Recordset.Open

• I'm getting a run-time error '-2147217833(80040e57)' String or binary data would be truncated. Any ideas what is going on here? It was working fine until another SQL Call was added to a second form within the excel worksheet. I did remove it but still getting this error so I'm currently STUCK. Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated and NEEDED.

http://www.vbforums.com/showth…ror&p=5096457#post5096457

• Re: VBA Recordset.Open Error

You don't give details of the actual SQL statement, but that error is usually raised when trying to append data into a table (as in database table) but the data for one, or more, of the fields is longer than the defined length of the field - and I am aware your thread title says 'Open Error'...

Thank you cytop! With your information I was able to find the problem and you were correct. It did end up to be a size issue based on a SQL column definition. The VBA variable was 1 byte larger than the SQL Definition it was writing to.

I appreciate your help tremendously. You have saved me alot of time and frusration.

Shot in the dark, but the error message is usually fairly accurate.

Please make sure you update your other thread on VBForums - save anyone taking the time to reply if it is already solved.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!