embed image in cell - not the reference to i but the actual image

• Is it possible to insert the actual image not the link to it? I want to sent the sheet to management so that they can open up the image. but when I send the one with a link the image does not open. So I'd like the actual image there - is this possible? in vba?

Joe

• Re: embed image in cell - not the reference to i but the actual image

What if I have the filename for the image - how to avoid the selection and just use a filename?

You need to include

Code
    On Error GoTo ErrNoPhoto

at the start of the code for the error handler to work.

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

You should really use Shapes.AddPicture if you want control over whether the picture is linked or embedded: http://excelmatters.com/tag/addpicture/

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

Could not convert it to vbs - the best was this so I could not put the size that i want - can you help?

It would be like this:

Code
    .Shapes.AddPicture Filename:="C:\ReportGeneration\Capgemini_logo_high_res.jpg", linktofile:=msoFalse, savewithdocument:=msoCTrue, Left:=.Range("A1").Left, Top:=.Range("A1").Top, Width:=50, Height:=50

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

Quote from rory;786653

It would be like this:

Code
    .Shapes.AddPicture Filename:="C:\ReportGeneration\Capgemini_logo_high_res.jpg", linktofile:=msoFalse, savewithdocument:=msoCTrue, Left:=.Range("A1").Left, Top:=.Range("A1").Top, Width:=50, Height:=50

what if I need to embed it in this code in place of oEngine.ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(fullfilename) - I have tried a few things but keep erroring
    objSheet.Cells(Row, 7).Select

oEngine.ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(fullfilename)
    With objSheet
    ' .Left = objSheet.Cells(Row, 7).Left '<--- change cell as required
    ' .Top = objSheet.Cells(Row, 7).Top '<--- change cell as required
    ' .ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
    ' .ShapeRange.Height = 100
    ' .ShapeRange.Width = 100
    ' .ShapeRange.Rotation = 0
    End With

The code looks correct to me and I can't read anything in that picture you posted. It's a strange looking dialog though.

Rory

Hi,

Is there a way to do something similar using urls from cells in a column (AJ) to download and embed the images in cells in adjacent column (AK) ?
    I'm using Excel 2016 64bits (I think the code might be different due to 64 bit ?)
    I also need to get the images from s3.amazonaws.com so there may be some access requirements too.

Thanks in advance
    G

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!