Circular Reference Erro

• Hello, I am trying to extract unique values from one column to another but i end with a circular reference error. I have data formatted as a table and am using the following formula. The data is in column D and I am trying to get the unique values to show up in column J. appreciate any help. I have the formula starting column J2

Filed Against Column J
    AA
    B
    C
    AA
    S
    C

Code
    index(Table1[@[Filed Against], match(0,countif($j$2:j2,Table1[@[Filed Against])

TIA

• Re: Circular Reference Erro

Do you have formulas in Filed Agent column that might be referencing column J?

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

Thanks for the reply, the circular cell reference went away when i typed ctrl + shift + enter after typing the formula but now i get #N/A, i cant find any matches at all

You'll need to post a sample workbook showing your problem.... N/A means it wasn't able to provide a meaningful result.

Where there is a will there are many ways. Finding one that works for you is the challenge!

Is that formula in J2?

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!