Press enter when alert pops up in excel

• Re: Press enter when alert pops up in excel

Quote from AliGW;794025

MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Very funny:)

But i need a macro because I am not near computer when it pops up..it is hapenning in the night...so any suggestion?

Not a joke - perhaps you had better read the rules to which you agreed upon joining this and other forums?

Thank you for the links.

Ali :)

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    If anyone has helped you towards solving a problem, then you can thank them by clicking on the like icon bottom right.

:!:Forum Rules

Ali, Igor88's opening post was a copy of his post on Stackoverflow and it does include a link to that thread.

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

Quote from KjBox;794106

Ali, Igor88's opening post was a copy of his post on Stackoverflow and it does include a link to that thread.

It didn't when I first posted - it does now, and you will notice that I have thanked him for the links and deleted my post. :)

Ali :)

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    If anyone has helped you towards solving a problem, then you can thank them by clicking on the like icon bottom right.

:!:Forum Rules

Sorry, missed that! :)

Igor88

The reason Application.DisplayAlerts does not work is because there is no default button on that message box. The only way round the problem is to cross over to the dark side and use SendKeys.

Search for SendKeys in the VB Editor help box and get an idea how to use SendKeys.

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

I tried this and this didn't work

Please HELP :(

Hello,

Have you tried

Code
    Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Hope this helps

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

Quote from Carim;794145

Hello,

Have you tried

Code
    Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Hope this helps

Thanks. but excel not recognize that i want to send "enter" to this popup

my code is :

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWorkbook.LockServerFile
    SendKeys "{ENTER}", False

End Sub

When it goes to ActiveWorkbook.LockServerFile - the pop up comes out (before SendKeys "{ENTER}", False )....

Hello,

Have you tested following :

Code
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    On Error Resume Next
    SendKeys "{ENTER}", False
    End Sub

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Smiley" icon, below, in the bottom right corner :)

Yes. Tested it and still now working because the row that activates this pop up is :

not before :(

any idea?

A final attempt ...have you tried

Code
    Application.SendKeys("~")

Hope this helps

Quote from Carim;794157

A final attempt ...have you tried

Code
    Application.SendKeys("~")

Hope this helps

This is the same code , ~ to enter.

The problem is in the row before : ActiveWorkbook.Lockserverfile - is stops the code and get a pop up out so the code not geeting to your row

Quote from Igor88;794165

This is the same code , ~ to enter.

The problem is in the row before : ActiveWorkbook.Lockserverfile - is stops the code and get a pop up out so the code not geeting to your row

As indicated in a previous post, the SendKeys instruction line needs to be located just before the line ActiveWorkbook.LockserverFile ...

Quote from Carim;794167

As indicated in a previous post, the SendKeys instruction line needs to be located just before the line ActiveWorkbook.LockserverFile ...

Thank you! it worked :)

Very strange , if i run the code row after row (F8) it is now working but if I run end to end without debugging it works

Glad you could fix your problem ..:wink:

Thanks ...for your thanks ...:smile:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!