Copy row from one sheet to another

• Re: Copy row from one sheet to another

Quote from AliGW;797476

Any text that you paste into a message which is VBA code MUST have code tags added. Select the VBA code and click once on the # button on the editor toolbar to add the tags. You can see what it does from your posts where they have been added for you.

The rules, to which you agreed upon joining, are here in case you need to refresh your memory: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you.

Quote from EveHC123;797472

I want the sort to trigger automatically as data is added to the spreadsheet :)

I understand the objective ... but more precisely which field is the last one you are adding ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

So ... does it mean you will not manually update the due date in column D ...?

and that all inputs are originated in your 'Action Point Form' ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

Quote from EveHC123;797483

Yes all inputs are originated in the 'Action Point Form'. I just want it to sort based on the due date in column D.

As a consequence .. there is no need for an event macro triggered by a manual input ...

Your 'Sort' macro should be attached to your ArchiveCompleted Macro ...

Do you agree ...?

Hi, I just tested this in the workbook you attached and it says that it needs to be debugged?

The best test is to input action items and run the 'AddDataToSheet' macro ...

Since I do not have the means to test and find out the problem you are facing, do you mind attaching your latest version with some data ...

Thanks

Quote from EveHC123;797524

Works pefectly! Thank you so much!

Glad all the various issues are now fixed ...

Thanks ... for your Thanks ...:smile:

Hi Carim! :)

Do you know why when I run the following macro.. it only sorts in sheet "CMM" and not the sheet which I select in the drop down in cell "H7"?

Hello,

There is no reason for the Sort macro not to adjust to any sheet ... since

Application.Goto Worksheets(Sheet1.Range("H7").Value) does select the destination sheet ...
    and the Sort macro sorts the ActiveSheet ...

May be .. hit the F9 function key to recalculate ...

Hello Eve,

Have re-checked what happened ...

If you do not mind ... a piece of advice regarding the identification of all your test versions ...

Do not hesitate to differentiate your different versions by adding a version number to each file ...

Indeed, the 'Sort' macro you have been using is the one from the old version ...

Took advantage of this update to completely clean and trim all your macros and your modules ...

Attached is the Latest Version [COLOR="#FF0000"]7[/COLOR] ... which is the one to use from now on ...

As a matter of fact, to be on the safe side .... you can go and delete all your previous test files ...

Hope this will help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!