Is this Possible - Select ComboBox value, the give answer

• Hi all,

Just a thought, I'm not sure if this is possible and I've been trying to figure out how this could work. My idea is to select a given date from a comboBox, once selected the database will automatically give me a location where to attend.

For example

ComboBox date (dates are from a separate sheet populated).
    10/09/2017
    11/09/2017
    12/09/2017
    13/09/2017

A text box will then show me the location (that has already been booked for that date), yet again populated from a list.

Date Selected: 10/09/2017

I'm not sure how this could work, any thoughts (I'm not after any scripting, just a concept how it could work)?

• Re: Is this Possible - Select ComboBox value, the give answer

Can you not return the location based on a v/hlookup formula on the sheet but the reference value would be based on a cell that can be populated with the appropriate date following your combobox selection?

Hopefully that makes sense.

• Re: Is this Possible - Select ComboBox value, the give answer

Quote from RBLearning;799566

Thanks, I'm playing around.

Just noticed that you want it displayed in a textbox rather than on sheet. So still a similar solution but something like:

I've just thrown that together on textpad so it may have some bugs but hopefully it gives you an idea.

I'm assuming you have the combobox code already, but this would require it to be set as a function rather than a subroutine so the selected value can be passed back to the dteSelectedDate variable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!