Copy data from selected blocks of cells dependent of the month in a cell

• Hi Folks

Is there a formula to look at the month in cell AO6, match that month to the months shown in ColB and then copy the data from the % Attained for each Skill Level to columns AP7 to AX12 Please???

I managed to do this for blocks of adjacent cells but not for selected blocks of cells as can be seen on the sample sheet.

Any help would be really appreciated please.

Kind regards

DezB

forum.ozgrid.com/index.php?attachment/73767/

• Re: Copy data from selected blocks of cells dependent of the month in a cell

Hello DezB,

You can use the following match() formula

Code
    =MATCH(TEXT(DATE(1,MONTH($AO$6),1),"mmm"),$B:$B,0)

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

Hi Carim

It's good to hear from you, hope all is well?

Not sure what that does but all it seems to do is return the row number that the month sits in, i.e 89??

Am I missing something?? :(

Kind regards

DezB

Hi Carim.

You're an absolute star... :)

Many thanks, much appreciated as usual.......

I tried to add to your reputation but it wouldn't let me, saying that I had to add to others first before I could add to yours again.. :( So please take it that I am doing it anyway.

Kind regards

DezB..

Glad this could help you out ... :wink:

Thanks ... for your extremely kind words ...:smile:

This is very very Nice of You ....

Kind Regards

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

Hope you are doing fine too ...:smile:

Given the structure of your worksheet which combines an actual date in cell AO6 ... and simple texts in Column B for your months ...

Changing Month in cell AO6 does require to adjust the month number within the date located in the cell ..

Hope this will help ... :wink:

Cheers

• Hi Carim

Many thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. Hope you had a good weekend?

The weird thing about this workbook is that everything works just fine until you get to Oct onwards, them it breaks??? If I enter any month until Sep, ok, Oct onwards, not ok....

Any ideas on that one??

Kind regards

DezB

• Hello DezB,

At least within your initial workbook ... Oct was the last month with Data ...

Would you mind positing your latest updated file ...???

• Hi Carim.

You're not going to believe this, but as soon as I started reading your reply I realised just how thick I'd been in not amending the formula to reflect all the cells required to analyse the data, DUH, big time...... :( Just goes to show how easy is it to get weighed down by the problem and not see the answer. Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees!!

I'm really sorry for bothering you on this one, I shall go away and sit in a dark corner for the rest of the day.... :)

Kind regards

DezB

• Hello again ...

No problem at all ... :wink:

But from time to time ...you need to stand back, lift your head up from the track, just to see the obvious ... :smile:

Kind Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!