VBA code to Copy a Range Into Word

• Hi all, new to the forum, please be gentle if I have made a faux pas!

Would really appreciate some help with a problem that I am sure most of you would find laughably easy.

I am trying to create a Macro that will: Select a range, copy it, launch word and then paste.

It isn't neccessary to save the new word document or provide a message that the operation has been completed.

I have tried to use some code provided by "Jack in the UK" as follows:

Unfortunately though, all this managed to do for me though was to launch Word and show me a document that said "Jack - Test from Excel". And yes, I did correct the range!

If anyone can hlep me, would be very grateful indeed.

Many thanks,
    Rich.

• Re: VBA code to Copy a Range Into Word

You can add your If staement if you wish, but the code is actually quite simple. You need to set a reference to the MS Word object library in the Excel VBE

[vba]
    Option Explicit

Sub Excel_to_Word()
    Dim appWord As Word.Application

Set appWord = New Word.Application

appWord.Visible = True

Range("A1:A20").Copy

appWord.Documents.Add.Content.Paste

End Sub
    [/vba]

Hope this helps.

Can you use the CODE tags when posting code please. Thanks

WillR,

Many thanks for your very prompt response, have managed to get your code to work for me, however, I think it was you telling me to set a reference to the MS Word object library in the Excel VBE that was of the greatest use! I had no idea that this was necessary, or even existed! It wasn't until I managed to do this that your code worked for me!

Sorry for not using the CODE tabs first time around.

Many thanks again,
    Rich.
    :thanx:

I tried to use this code because I'm trying to copy many tables into one word document. But every time the code runs, it makes a new word document. How can I make it so all the tables go into the same Word document?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!