OK, I know that we all love (more or less) XL and perhaps also other MS-products as well.
Please bear with me;)
For the first time I bought a commercial version of a Linux-distribution (Mandrake)
Before that I had downloaded and have done all the work by myself wih configurations and installations.
I admit that I was quite impressed how easy they have had made the installation-process and the configuration.
The benefit of it are, from my point of view:
* Cheap compared with MS-softwares.
(No need for using illegal/cracked
versions) - My Pro-version costs only
* Easy installation (especially if You read the documentation for installation).
* Automatically installation and configuration of network, printers, internet and e-mail (creating e-mailaccounts).
* Lot of usefull softwares (all freware) included in the distribution for
- Network / Firewall.
One of the real good stuff is that we don´t need to have a software for creating PDF-files. This possibilty is built-in.
* Lot of HOW-TO articles.
* Full control of the operatingsystem.
* Easy to change desktop (KDE/GNome)
* Support Multi-language per se
Why have people not yeat discover this option, especially small office and homeusers?