printers list

• Hi,

I'd like to add a select printer function to a vba add in I have written, but I can't figure out how to get a list of printers installed on the pc. I'd also like to be able to change the default printer.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

OliverB

• Re: printers list

Cant you just create the list yourself and reference the area that you have it. Is this going to be a variable list that you want to work on anyones computer? Perhaps a little more information might help.

Ed
    [SIZE=6]*ficus*[/SIZE]
    Thanks to all for making this website work!

Sorry, I should have explained better.

Yes, the list needs to generate for any computer. A list of printers is created by windows for control panel, if that came from a system folder somewhere it would be easy enough to read. I can't find a system folder that lists the printers though. I have found a spot in registry that has a list of printers, but I don't know too much about working with the registry through vba.

OliverB
    Hi buddy i am sure i have some code somewhere to list printers, maybe someone can beat me to it, or write a popup to allow listing of what avalible so you can call the printer - this of cause is subject to the printers current settings VBA is not so good for custom setting a chosen printer

Jack

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!