Inventory Addition on a Form

• I am using a large database to keep track of inventory increases and decreases. I have three fields that I use to "add", "decrease" and one which totals these two called "quantity on hand" for each RECORD. My problem is that I have to manually add or subtract to each of the first two fields. In orther words if I added 2 items to the inventory last month and used one, of course the on hand is 1, but then this month, I purchase 2 more and have to mentally add it to the two shown in the "add" field by entering the number 4 into this field. What I want to do is simply put another figure 2 in the "add" field and have access calculate the actual total in the "quantity on hand" field, and of course do the same for the "decrease" field. Thanks for any help.

• Re: Inventory Addition on a Form

CB,
    Welcome to Ozgrid! You should try a search on the word "inventory" (on the dark blue drop-down menu bar) and see if the related posts answer your questions. Failing that, posting a small example of your worksheet(s) would be much more efficient for the great team of wizards on this forum to help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!