Tracking Entries into a Cell

• Hello,

I was wondering if it is even possible to use Excel to track changes / inputs into one cell over a period of time. In other words, I have a grid with 5 column headers and 7 row headers ($5B, $10B, $15, $20, $25 across the top) and (seven perils listed on the row headers along the side). So I want to input a price for say $5B, peril 1, in say cell c4 along with the date, who entered it (there will be multiple user accessing the file), and a few other items of text information. I then want to be able to track this information on another spreadsheet and record changes and entries made into the cell. For example, say user x inputs data into cell c4 on 3/15/05, user y the inputs data into cell c4 on 3/30/05. [...] I want cell c4 to now show user y's data, but record user x's entry on another spreadsheet. I hope this is clear and understandable
    Is this possible? Or should I be using a database program? any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

• Re: Tracking Entries into a Cell

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum!

Try:
    From Menu: Tools-Track changes - Highlight changes. This also gives an option to record the changes in a separate worksheet.

HTH.

That works! Thank you!

One question though, is there anyway to have the history worksheet, permeantly show?

Joe

I have not tried it. If not, you can copy the contents to a normal sheet and have it permanently..

HTH

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!