Comments not working during cell protection

• On my spreadsheet i have autofilter and on some of these i attached comments. However, when i protect the sheet/cells only the autofilter works, the comments don't appear. Anyone got a solution?

• Re: Comments not working during cell protection

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think there will be problem in viewing a comment on a protected sheet. However, a protected sheet will not allow Auto Filter option(whereas you are saying other way around!).

Try this to enable the Auto Filter option on a protected sheet, where I have given the OK as the Password, which you can change. Place this code in Workbook open event.

[vba]
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Sheet1.Protect Password:="ok", UserInterFaceOnly:=True
    Sheet1.EnableAutoFilter = True
    End Sub
    [/vba]

HTH

• Re: Comments not working during cell protection

Quote from pradeep_atm

I don't think there will be problem in viewing a comment on a protected sheet. However, a protected sheet will not allow Auto Filter option(whereas you are saying other way around!).

I had a prob getting the autofilter to work but found that when prtecting on XP it gives you options and one was whether to allow users to use autofilter, ticked the box, now thats fine. Whereas the comments dont appear when my cursor rolls over them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!