getting data from one sheet to another using a droplist

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, first post here.

I have uploaded my Excel File . it is 26kb

I have a test tomz at uni, and i need to be able to bring data from another sheet (sheet 1) from a droplist box on another sheet (sheet 3). These are just sales figures for a motorbike boots (my assignment). I have made the drop downlist that has all the "sales agents" in it, but i need to know how to make it so when you click one "agent" the data comes from sheet 1 and brings up the relevant sales information.

I assume that VLOOKUP() is needed here, i have used it in previous sections of my file.

I have started putting the headings and needed columns on sheet 3.

If anyone could help me here, i would really appreciate it.

thanks,
    Ady

• Re: getting data from one sheet to another using a droplist

I set you up with Vlooks as you can see on sheet3. I hope I understood what you were trying to do. I attached it.

I only saw one column for commission, so I made them the same accross all 3 categories, but you can change that easy enough when you build it.

• Re: getting data from one sheet to another using a droplist

OMG! thank you so much brister that is exactly what I needed.
    i was trying for hours last week to do that. but I tried using VLOOKUP in the actual drop down box, i didn't think you actually had to do it in the boxes.

once again i really appreciate it.

and also, to change it so commission only comes up in one of the boxes say cell 'C5' on sheet 3, i just delete the formula used in C6 and C7?

anyway im sure ill figure out,
    thanks alot

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!