VBA Insert a formula in a cell

• Hi, I am using VBA to insert a formula in a cell, I want the formula in I6 is

if(G6="a",vlookup($b6,sheet1!$d$6:$i$344,6,false),"")

my VBA is
    Worksheets("data").Range("I6").Formula = "=if(G6="a",vlookup($b6,sheet1!$d$6:$I$344,6,false),"")"

but when i run it, when come to G6="a", the message is "expected end of statement".

how can i solve this problem?

Thanks!

Linda

• Re: VBA Insert a formula in a cell

Hi,

You need to double up on the quotes inorder to have quotes within the formula.[vba]Worksheets("data").Range("I6").Formula = "=if(G6=""a"",vlookup($b6,sheet1!$d$6:$I$344,6,false),"""")"[/vba]

Aaron Blood posted his method of getting a formula into VBA -

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/sh…t=42204&highlight=formula

I'm having difficulty with a similar formula. The formula I want to paste is:

=IF('BMR Update Sheet'!BK5=0,"",'BMR Update Sheet'!BK5)

I need the '5' to be iterated from 1 to 1350, but I'm using 1 to 10 right now to minimize run times.

My current attempt is:

Sub NewPaste()
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim Index As String

i = 1
    Do While i < 10
    Index = "P" & i
    Range(Index).Formula = "=if('BMR Update Sheet'!" + Index + "=" + """""" + "," + """""" + ",'BMR Update Sheet'!" + Index

i = i + 1
    Loop
    End Sub

Any suggestions?

Welcome to OzGrid, Jason Trudel.

The policy on this board is you do not post questions in threads started by other members. Please start your own thread, give it a clear and concise title that clearly summarises your problem and explain your issue fully.

If you think this, or any other, thread can help clarify your problem you can include a link to it by copying the URL from the address bar of your browser and pasting into your message.

Also, if you post code in a message, you are asked to use Code Tags. These format and indent the code making it easier to read. Code tags are added, when editing a message, simply by highlight the code and clicking the '#' button on the tool bar above the edit window.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!