Enhanced Workbook Index

• Hello

Is anyone kind enough (clever enough?) to help me change the following code which I downloaded from this forum a few weeks ago.

I have tried experimenting, but as I have no training as a programmer I am getting it wrong.

This super, short code creates an index page of all the worksheets within a workbook

[1] One each existing workbook
    I would like the code to format the [Back to Index] text that it puts in cell A1 on each sheet. For example to
    Align vertical = centre
    Align horizontal = centre
    Font Sixe = 8
    Backgroung colour = beige
    text colour = blue

[2] The current index page lists all worksheets in column A

[2a]
    I would like the code to format the cells. For Example
    font size = 18
    column width = 25

[2b]
    It would be just spiffing if I could get the cell to toggle/change background colour then the mouse cursor went over it

[2c]
    And the one I have really struggled with ...
    I would like the code to add new data in columns B & C.

Specifically:
    * each time the code puts a worksheet name/link into column A
    * I would like the code to move to column B and input a formula which picks up the contents of cell B2 from the worksheet which it has just listed in column A
    * then I would like the code to move to column C and input a formula which picks up the contents of cell B3 from the worksheet which it has just listed in column A

----------
    The idea is to build a index page which picks up title and description information from eah of the worksheest in the workbook.

I think this would make a really neat index page, and I am hoping that someone clever thinks so too :)

Thanks for your attention
    Regards
    Mark

• Re: Enhanced Workbook Index

Mark

This seems to do almost what you want.

Couldn't quite get beige though, perhaps you could play about with that.

By the way I don't think 2b is possible.

Sorry for the delay in checking back to this forum over Christmas.

Thanks for your reply, I will try it out when I next get home (probably next week) and let you know.

again
    Thanks.
    Mark

Hello Norie

Thanks again for your code improvements. I have studied it and fiddled around with it to make the output look formated in a way I like. It works well for me.

For the sake of anyone else who may be interested I list the final version below: (I expect the code changes are cumbersome and basic, but they get done what I was looking for)

regards
    Mark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!