include that weekends are free

• Re: include that weekends are free??

your workbook with workdays is not functioning right do you maybe know what the problem is?? In case written above I could assign 18 more pages to doc 1 and he should still be able to translate it, if more than is not possible but your calculation says that he is not able to translate if 55 pages is page count of doc 1 (he is still able to translate 54 pages but at 55 pages it says "over") But infact he could translate 42 pages and should say "over" at 43 pages???

• Re: include that weekends are free

the problem may occur if you have 2 overlapping jobs, with the first one having an earlier start date and a later deadline then the other. The way the sort button works right now the first job is in the doinf when the second one comes up. You can overcome this partially by sorting based on deadline only.

But even then sooner or later you will come to a point where all sorting will result in an OVER but you yourself will see that if one job is split in 2 or more parts another job might fit in between such parts.

I'll try to extend the whole thing a little further as far as sorting is concerned, and post a new sample file shortly

In formulae, depending on your locale, you might have to replace ; with , or vice versa.

in the attached file first copy down formulae from G3:Q3 down to line 25 (have deleted them for file size puposes).
    around line 33 you'll see 3 rectangles to start new sort macros. the middle one seems to give good results. You can ammend the macros yourself. key 2 and key 3 are the ones to play with. key 1 must be the name collumn of course.
    earliest start = date job given
    lateststart1 = deadline minus joblength, weekends not concidered, thus of no use for sorting
    lateststart2 = as above but with weekends considered
    latestend = deadline
    earliest end = date job given plus joblength . again with and without weekends considered
    start, end1, end 2 are the final results (end1 without weekends considered)

have fun

In formulae, depending on your locale, you might have to replace ; with , or vice versa.

try this if you assign just one document to mirza:
    date : 17/01/2006
    deadline:24/01/2006
    nr. of pages : 43

This means that he has 6 working days if he translate 6 pages per day that is 36 pages
    and I dont get over at 43 pages Why???

old formula in col G from version without weekend. change formula to refer to Q not P

If I want to exclude holiday and the date of holidays resides in column R where should I write it ?
    If I write it here it always give me an error =WORKDAY(H4;INT(K4-H4))+(K4-H4-INT(K4-H4);R2) This formula resides in L column

Thnx for your reply

holidays are given with a range. in that range you list all hollidays or at least all hollidays not coinciding with saturday and/or sunday. Maybe you want to add the OFF-fridays as well. I usually have such base data on a different sheet.

the middle button is likely to give the best results. Followed by the original button at the top. Depending on what sort of jobs (beginn, length, deadline) you got the original button might be better. I suggest you keep both.

By the way. These buttons are just rectangles with macros assigned. you can easily move, resize, reformat them and add text as well, as with any rectangle.

select the range
    got to Format, conditional formatting

cell value, equal to, ="OVER"

(might now wrongly be """OVER""")

choose the format you want

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!