Eliminating null values

• Hello all,
    I am sorry for the general topic of this thread - what is specifically bugging me is the following:

I am selecting a range by the following:

Code
    Sub data()
        Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
    End Sub

The problem is that sometimes the file that I am running this macro on has null values (ie nothing) which leads to an erroneous selection ie it stops eventhough there is alot more cells with values after the null value. I cannot choose the entire column as the entire range! Does anybody have a clue how to get by this?
    //Robert

.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.· ><((((º>

• Re: Eliminating null values

Use xlUp instead, this will find the last cell in the column that contains a valur. Much more efficient eg

Code
    "Range("a1",Range("65536").End(xlUp)

Haven't tested it, but I believe this works:

Code
    Sub data()
        Range(Selection, Cells(Cells(65536, Selection.Column).End(xlUp).Row, Selection.Column)).Select
    End Sub

Wigi

Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Hum,

I get the following messages when trying to use your code:

Compile error
    Expected =

Still does not work!

Code
    Sub Data
    Range("a1",Range("65536")).End(xlUp)
    Sub

I added a ) as it was complaining about this but running this I get "Invalid Use of Property"
    ?Robert

Code
    Sub Data()
    Range("A1", Range("A65536").End(xlUp)).Select
    End Sub

But my code worked for when you don't restrict to column A.

Wigi

Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

:thanx:
    That works a lot better, Smart using the used cell as the starting point, never thought of doing this...The more I learn the more I understand that I don't know much :?
    :thanx:
    Robert

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!