MsgBox popping up on delete

• I am using this code below. It works great with one little flaw. Whenever I delete something from a cell it gives me the MsgBox "This mold can not run in this machine." I have included a blank cell in my "Data" range but am still getting the message. Any ideas on why and or how to stop it?

I have attached a file below with a WARNING: you will get locked into a loop of MsgBox's when you delete an item or enter in one that does not exist in the table. You will have to hold down a while on the Esc key to end it. (bit annoying)

• Re: MsgBox popping up on delete

Putting

Code
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

at the start of the routine will do the trick. Just remember to turn it back on at the end of the routine.

Brians12,
    It seems to me that the code is searching for a null/empty value after you delete a cell.
    The result of the find will then be the reult of looking for 'nothing' in wSht.Range("Data").

Try changing If vResult <> "Y" Then... to
    If vResult <> "Y" and vResult is not nothing Then ...

Untested, so I hope it helps

Kieran

Nope. I inserted the statement right before my first If statement and turned it back on at the end of my If statement and I am still getting the message. The message is obviously coming from with in my If statements since it is a custom message.

Kieran,
    That did it. Actually I had to change it to:

Code
    If vResult <> "Y" And vResult = "" Then

The "Is Nothing" bombed out. But thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!