Importing Input Data from Excel to Visual C++

• ...and exporting results from Visual C++ 2005 (VC++) to Excel. How does one do this? I want to use VC++ as the main calculation/simulation engine, as it is rumored to execute code ~15x faster than an equivalent algorithm coded/executed in Excel VBA.

I'm not too sure about the interfacing part though, i.e. importing input data from Excel to VC++, and subsequently re-exporting results from VC++ back to Excel. Would anyone have sample code showing how such interfacing is done? I think I should be able to extend/customize your sample interfacing code for my specific needs.

A million thanks in advance... and apologies if this question concerning VC++ does not belong here; I wasn't sure of where else to turn to for help.

- om

• Re: Importing Input Data from Excel to Visual C++

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want to add data to excel and read data from excel with C++. If you don't have a basic understanding of C++ I wouldn't recommend it, however if you have experience with VB, you can write the program in VB.net and then convert it to C++. It's possible since .net version.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!