Concatenating Multiple Cells With Different Font Format Query

• Can anyone tell me if it is possible to concatenate multiple cells that have different font formats? For example; cell A1 is font formatted SYMBOL and contains the letter "D", cell B1 is font formatted ARIEL and contains the word "delta". What I am trying to do is concatenate the two cells while maintaining their font formats. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

PS
    I would like this to work in Excel 97 if possible.

• Re: Concatenating Multiple Cells With Different Font Format Query

The only way is to use VBA. Or type the cell contents in that way ( yes, you can change font or effects as you type a cells contents ).

Here is a routine to do what you want:

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Nicely done. Was looking at the code and was wondering how to include a blank space between the values of cells A1 and B1. When I try to concatenate a space the last character of cell B1 reverts back to the font format from cell A1. Any suggestions?

Also, any possible way that this could be done without using VBA?

Thanks!!

If you insert a space, you'd have to tweak your pointers by one, wouldn't you!

No, you can't do this without VBA, which is what I said in my reply.

If you can't work out how to tweak the pointers, let me know, and I'll re-post the code with tweaks applied.

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!