Changing Comment Box Color

• Re: Changing Comment Box Color

The above code works. The only thing that i see as a probem. Is instead of just turning the one comment blue it turns all comment tabs on the worksheet blue. How can I just say do one at a time which ever is changed. If you dont understand what i am asking i will glady explain in more detail for you. Thank You in advanced for any help you may give to me.

Try removing the For Each code:

Code
    For Each cmt In ws.Comments

and

Code
    Next cmt

This is what causes it to change all of the comments.

[COLOR="Red"]Nope - That didn't work.[/COLOR]

If it can't be done in Excel, it doesn't need to be done at all.

I saw that.

It is because the range is still set for the cmt.parent. You need to change your range to the cell you are in.

Code
    Set rngCmt = cmt.Parent

I haven't figured it all out yet.

Are you aware that you are not actually changing the color of the comment indicator? What this code does is to create a shape that covers up the comment triangle.

If it can't be done in Excel, it doesn't need to be done at all.

Yeah, I couldnt figure out how to actully change the comment indicator. If you know howwe can do that also. I just cant find anything on how to do that.

Thats what my employer wants. We have comments on the page that employer put into this document. They want to know which ones they did and which one the user did. So they want all the comments incerted after cell changed to be blue so they know that is something the user has done.

Well I already have my macro working to track changes. My only problem is with this work around to turn the comment indicator blue. It Turns every comment indictator blue.

the code works it just changes everything. Would you know a better way to do it instead of using the for each function. Maybe that is the reason why its applying this settings to all of the comment indicators.

I think you should spend more time planning your projects and exploring inbuilt options, Excel has Change tracking so why re-invent it?

This is not my project. Sorry Im not even a computer guy. My boss had the code that the engineers wanted and i was told to get it to work. Other wise i would of used the inbuilt one. Everything works. The track Change code works perfectly. They only problem I am having is with the for each loop. It changes all the comment boxes instead of just one. If this isnt possible then i will tell my boss. Thank You for all your time and help with this program.

You need something to determine at what point to change colours. Maybe have a specific colour for each username.

been away on this one so only skimmed over.

If its is just the one comment to change blue when the use enters something then.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!