Paste As A Hyperlink On A Protected Worksheet

• I have a protected worksheet that I want users to be able to use the 'Paste as a Hyperlink' function. How can I do this without having to unprotect the sheet?

Many thanks,
    John

• Re: Paste As A Hyperlink On A Protected Worksheet

Here's a worked example from sheet 1 to sheet 2

Regards,
    Simon

Thanks Simon,
    but I need the user of the worksheet to be able to hyperlink a word document to unprotected cells.

John

Not really because it is about how I can get excel to let me use the function 'Paste as a hyperlink' on a protected worksheet. When the worksheet is not protected I can simply highlight a part of the word document, copy it and then, in my chosen excel cell, select [Edit/Paste as a Hyperlink] and it places the link in the cell for future recall of the word document. I just can't get it to do this when the sheet is protected.

Many thanks,
    JOhn

John i think you may find that it would be more beneficial to you for this to be moved to the Word Forum as you are trying to manipulate Excel from Word not the other way around, unfortunately i know nothing of WOrd scripting.

Regards,
    SImon

It's up to you, but I don't think that someone with word experience would necessarily be able to advise how to enable the Excel function of 'Paste as a Hyperlink' to work on a protected Excel worksheet. However, if you think it would be the right place, then please feel free to move it.

Many thanks, Simon,

John

I'm no expert, but I don't think you can make that change to the cell contents while the sheet is protected. You could however, write a macro that would unprotect the sheet, paste the information, and then protect the sheet again. This would allow your user to paste the hyperlink without being able to make other changes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!