Run-time Error 2147352571(8002005).

• I have an Excel system containing VBA code and forms. A combobox, whose list is created within the VBA code works throughout the UK without problems, but when sent to a user in France, gets the above error. The code is below.

cbxCaseType is the combobox

The PC builds in the UK and France are all the same.

There's never time to do it right, but always time to do it again.

• Re: Run-time Error 2147352571(8002005).

Thanks for the swift response. I have confirmed that the cell does not contain an error, it contains 15 characters of text. The same spreadsheet working in the UK (with the same text) does not suffer from the same problem.

I have attached the references detail.

Quote from pjcw

I have an Excel system containing VBA code and forms. A combobox, whose list is created within the VBA code works throughout the UK without problems, but when sent to a user in France, gets the above error. The code is below.

Code
    Top:
        If Cells(N, 1) = "" Then GoTo Done
        cbxCaseType.AddItem Cells(N, 1)   ' This line causes the error in France
        N = N + 1
        GoTo Top
    Done:

Code
    Dim cell As range
    For each cell in Columns(1).Resize(Rows.count-1).Offset(1). _
    SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
    cbxCaseType.AddItem Cell.value
    Next Cell

What type of error? Are there some description?

The error is displayed as a "Type Mismatch", but not the usual error number of 13.

There's never time to do it right, but always time to do it again.

Quote from pjcw

The error is displayed as a "Type Mismatch", but not the usual error number of 13.

Then try:

Code
    cbxCaseType.Clear 
    cbxCaseType.AddItem "Blank" 
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False 
    Dim cell As range 
    For Each cell In Worksheets("Index").Columns(1). _
      Resize(Rows.count-1).Offset(1). _
      SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) 
        cbxCaseType.AddItem CStr(Cell.value)
    Next Cell
    TP.Activate

It's something to do with the Computer settings i've currently got a 2147220960 (80040220) Error within Access...

The Database works on the Majority of the companies computers (UK, Caribbean and SA) i've got the whole IS department looking into it at the moment (Been going on for a few days now)... As soon as we find anything i'll let you know as it has nothing to do with References and Code...

z

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!