Number Of Rows In A Range After Filter

• I have applied a filter to my worksheet and would like to know if there is a way to get the number of rows included in the resulting filtered data.

Code
    Worksheets("All Work").Select
        iCount = GetEnd(Worksheets("All Work"))
        Set Cell1 = Cells(2, 1)
        Set Cell2 = Cells(iCount, 6)
        Worksheets("All Work").Range(Cell1, Cell2).AutoFilter Field:=7, Criteria1:="Unassigned"

Now that I have it filtered I need to know how many rows are there with data. I'll then set up a loop to read the data from each row. I can't use my getend function because it will still end up with 93 rows and the number of unassigned is about 23.

Thanks,
    Scott
    If it looks impossible, it probably is.

• Re: Number Of Rows In A Range After Filter

Quote from Scottintexas

I have applied a filter to my worksheet and would like to know if there is a way to get the number of rows included in the resulting filtered data.

Code
    Worksheets("All Work").Select
        iCount = GetEnd(Worksheets("All Work"))
        Set Cell1 = Cells(2, 1)
        Set Cell2 = Cells(iCount, 6)
        Worksheets("All Work").Range(Cell1, Cell2).AutoFilter Field:=7, Criteria1:="Unassigned"

Now that I have it filtered I need to know how many rows are there with data.

You need to count visible Rows of your range? Then:

Code
    lngVisibleRowsCount = Worksheets("All Work").Range(Cell1,Cells(icount,1)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells.Count

Quote from the Okk

If need to count visible Rows of your range, Then:

Code
    lngVisibleRowsCount = Worksheets("All Work").Range(Cell1,Cell(icount,1)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells.Count

Cell with an s of course. :)

That was what I needed. The Row Count worked great. Can this be used to count the rows used in a worksheet without the filter?

I really appreaciate your help.

Thanks,
    Scott

Finally, is there a way to exclude the header row? I dont want to keep pasting that row into the "Report" sheet.

Thanks,
    Scott

This code will copy the filtered rows without the Headers to the report sheet, starting at the next empty cell in column A. You might find using [pt]*[/pt] more efficient though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!