Macro To Capture Data From A Specific Cell Upon Selection Changes

• Hello,

What I'm trying to do is definetly simple to a lot of you, but I'm struggling on how to get started. I attached a workbook that clearly shows my work! I'm almost there but not quiet. Basically the user will be able to make a slection that will be used to lookup values from a different sheet. Each selection triggers a ranking number at the bottom (red pattern) in the worksheet. Now I would like to capture all scenarios and display the ranking. (I would appreciate you help if you can assist me with that.

• Re: Macro To Capture Data From A Specific Cell Upon Slection Changes

kasakouda, I'll give you 15 minutes to edit your post to give a full description as you agreed in Rule 7. If you don't make it, I will close the thread and get you to PM the moderators.

EDIT: OK, thank you.

• Re: Macro To Capture Data From A Specific Cell Upon Slection Changes

I am a total beginner, but I downloaded your spreadsheet, and am having a look.

I thought perhaps I would find some macros, or a user form, thinking that you problem might be with VBA execution, but I found none.

So the first thought that comes to my beginners mind, is to create a user form with combo boxes that load with the various choices. After the user makes those choices, and clicks ok, then the VBA code proceeds to do all the things you desire. I am at work now, with limited time, but I shall try to play around with your spreadsheet, and will let you know if I come up with anything worth looking at.

• Re: Macro To Capture Data From A Specific Cell Upon Selection Changes

Kasakouda,

What you wrote in your spreadsheet attachment is a good illustration:

I would like to have a code that upon my selection from A3 and A5 will capture the value from cell J21 (red pattern) and create multiple scenarios:

Education Divorce Final Output
    Mid Yes 5
    Mid No 1
    High Yes 1
    High No 1
    Low Yes 1
    Low No 1

As you can see this does not take a long time to do manually. However I'm planning to add more criteria that would make the manual selection and
    capturing of data very slow. I would apprecaite if you can help me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!